Mortgage checklist of items needed
Documents needed for a mortgage application
So, you are planning to go for a mortgage, well expect stress, pressure and frustration. So, as long as you know this beforehand you can prepare yourself.
Getting a mortgage can be very frustrating and it has been said, it is one of the most stressful things you will do in your life.
A wee bit of advice.
- Get advice form a Mortgage Broker or an Advisor, one that can research the market for you and provide impartial advice.
- Get a good solicitor and if you are building
- Get a good Architect.
Having a good team around you will make this experience easier, still stressful though, just a little less so…
The following documents will be needed
In any case here is the document you will need to support your Mortgage Application
- Photographic ID (originals or certified copies)
- Address verification (household bills)
- Proof of PPSN
- Most recent 6 months’ bank account statements (for all bank accounts)
- Most recent 6 months’ savings account statements
- Most recent 6 months’ credit union statement (if any)
- Last 6 months’ credit card statements (if any)
- 12 months’ statement on all loans (if any)
- Latest annual statement on all Mortgages (if any)
- Copy of marriage cert (if married)
- Copy of Divorce or separation agreement (if applicable)
- Credit history report from any Country you are living, working or have bank accounts in, other than Ireland.
- Completed gift letter, if applicable (template available from your broker or lender)
- 3 months’ recent payslips
- Most recent P60
- Salary Cert (available from your broker or lender)
If Self Employed
- 3 years’ accounts
- 3 years’ revenue notice of assessment
- Confirmation from accountant that all taxes are up to date
- Confirmation of tax clearance cert
- Most recent 6 months’ business bank account statements (for all bank accounts)
- 12 months’ statement on all business loans
- Break down of build costs (template available from your broker or lender)
- Copy of Architects PII cover
- Completed gift letter if site was gifted (template available from your broker or lender)
- Copy of the site or O/S map
Depending on your individual circumstances there may be other items required
Remember your mortgage application is like a financial CV so if there is anything you think would be helpful discuss it will your advisor and bring evidence.
If you have questions
We are happy to help. We are not tried to any lenders and therefore can offer impartial advice. We have been advising people on their mortgages for over 25 years.