How To Live Longer – 8 Things Every Irish Person Can Do
1. Eat less: Stop eating when you feel about 80% full. Reducing your calorie intake lowers production of the thyroid hormone T3 which slows the aging process.
2. Watch less TV: According to research from the American Heart Association, people who watch more than four hours of TV every single day are almost 50% more likely to die from any cause than people who spend less than two hours in front of the screen.
3. Play games: Testing your memory regularly with trivia type games could also significantly reduce your likelihood of developing dementia.
4. Get A Friend: In otherwise healthy people, loneliness is thought to be just as dangerous as having high cholesterol.
5. Eat Herbs And Spices: Many countries around the world place great emphasis on herbs and spices when it comes to their health, with certain ingredients even having medical benefits to fight off a number of diseases.
6. Find Someone To Love: Being in a loving relationship can extend your life by providing a support network and social interaction that helps you relieve stress.
7. Feel Young: It’s thought that feeling older is linked to increase stress which often changes the physiology of your heart.
8. Don’t Sit Still: Some medical professionals believe that sitting down all day is as detrimental to your health as smoking. So, if you work in a sedentary job, you are advised to get up and stretch your legs for five minutes every hour.
Check out the full article here.